The Golden Meadow Police Department began in 1950 with the election of the Town’s first Town Marshall who took office on July 1, 1950. On July 7, 1972 the position was changed from Town Marshall to Chief of Police. There have been 7 people who have held the top Law Enforcement spot in the Town of Golden Meadow, three who had served for 10+ years. At the present time the Police Department employs 4 full time officers, 3 part-time officers and has two reserve officer positions.The police department provides 24 hour patrols and also provides security at events when requested to do so. The department has gone through many changes and in 2010 the police units were equipped with in car digital cameras. Also in 2011 the department took a major step by adding in car computers. The computers will allow officers to connect with all departments in Lafourche Parish as well as make inquiries to the State for driver license and license plate checks and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) for wanted checks on people suspected of having warrants for their arrest.