Except as otherwise provided herein, Golden Meadow Municipal Court shall convene at 2:00 PM CST on the third Tuesday of every month. The Mayor or, if one has been appointed, the Magistrate may continue or reschedule Court at his sole discretion. Golden Meadow Municipal Court shall be held at the Golden Meadow Town Hall at 107 Jervis Drive, Golden Meadow, LA 70357. Fines shall be paid on or before the eleventh calendar day preceding the court date set forth on the traffic citation or misdemeanor summons. Any alleged offender who fails to pay the fines due by said date shall appear at court for arraignment on the date set forth on the traffic citation or misdemeanor summons.
The following illustrative list of rules shall apply to Golden Meadow Municipal Court:
• Each person is subject to search upon entry
• Once you exit the building you will not be allowed to re-enter
• No weapons of any kind (including pocket knives)
• No shorts, cut offs, tank tops, saggy pants, open toe shoes or hats.
• Cell phones must be turned off
• No alcohol, drugs, food or drinks
• If you are here for a traffic ticket, you must have the ticket present.
• No children allowed
• Due to limited seating the court is requesting that only the necessary witnesses accompany the defendant.
• The building will be locked at 2:30 P.M.
• If you need an extension or payment plan you must appear on your court date.
• You can either represent yourself in court or have an Attorney represent you. No one else can appear for you.